Summary: To amend title 11, United States Code, with respect to the definition of “family farmer”. Section 101(18) of title 11, United States Code, is amended by striking “$3,237,000” each place that term appears and inserting “$10,000,000”. Cosponsors
ANGIE CRAIG’S POSITION: Representative Craig cosponsored the bill on 4/25/19.
- Family farmers in Minnesota deserve a fair shot at being able to pass their farm on to the next generation. But too many face severe financial stress from lower commodity prices and a reckless trade war, that’s why I cosponsored a bill to help farmers restructure their debt. (Source: Twitter, Angie Craig Tweet, 5/18/19)
STATUS: Introduced 4/18/19 by Rep. Delgado, Antonio [D-NY-19].
ORGANIZATIONS IN SUPPORT OF THE BILL:
- Three U.S. Senators reintroduced the Family Farmer Relief Act of 2019 last month. The legislation would raise the operating debt cap for Chapter 12 to $10 million. (Source: KAIT)
- FAMILY FARMER RELIEF ACT: Ask Senators to support changes to Chapter 12 Bankruptcy. (Source: American Farm Bureau Federation)
- Link to the text of the bill.
- Link to bill information (support and opposition) on Countable. (Countable information is not yet available)