Summary: To authorize the cancellation of removal and adjustment of status of certain aliens, and for other purposes.
ANGIE CRAIG’S POSITION: Representative Craig cosponsored the resolution on 3/14/19.
- “I was proud to vote yes on The American Dream and Promise Act to provide critical protections and a fair path to legal citizenship for our nation’s Dreamers.” (Source: Twitter, Rep. Craig Tweet, 6/04/19)
ORGANIZATIONS IN SUPPORT OF THE BILL:
- Dream and Promise Act of 2019 (H.R. 6) SECTION-BY-SECTION SUMMARY (Source: National Immigration Law Center, March 14, 2019)
- American Dream and Promise Act: Bill Summary (Source: National Immigration Forum, Christian Penichet-Paul,
- MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund) Statement in support of the Dream and Promise Act. (Source: Mar 13, 2019 DACA, Immigrants’ Rights, Media, News Releases)
- Congress needs to protect immigrants working hard for a better life by passing the Dream and Promise Act. (Source: The University of California)