Summary: Promoting awareness of motorcycle profiling and encouraging collaboration and communication with the motorcycle community and law enforcement officials to prevent instances of profiling. Cosponsors
ANGIE CRAIG’S POSITION: Representative Craig cosponsored the bill on 6/03/19.
STATUS: Introduced 3/26/19 by Rep. Walberg, Tim [R-MI-7].
INFORMATION RELATED TO THE BILL:
- The Motorcycle Riders Foundation is working with the State Motorcycle Rights Organizations (SMRO), the National Council of Clubs (NCOC), the Motorcycle Profiling Project (MPP) and the National Coalition of Motorcyclists (NCOM) to call on our elected officials to end unconstitutional profiling of motorcyclists across our country. If your member of Congress has signed on, you can still ask them to lean on their colleagues to support these resolutions. (Source: Southern Nevada Confederation of Club)
- Today champions of the motorcyclist community in the House of Representatives introduced a resolution addressing motorcyclist profiling. The resolution (H. Res. 255) has three key points:
(1) promoting increased public awareness on the issue of motorcyclist profiling;
(2) encouraging collaboration and communication with the motorcycle community and law enforcement to engage in efforts to end motorcycle profiling; and
(3) urging State law enforcement officials to include statements condemning motorcyclist profiling in written policies and training materials. (Source: Biker News & Biker Lifestyle)