Summary: This resolution establishes a Permanent Select Committee on Aging. (Cosponsors)
ANGIE CRAIG’S POSITION: Representative Craig Cosponsored the bill on 03/05/20.
STATUS: Introduced 01/30/20 by Rep. Cicilline, David N. [D-RI-1] .
INFORMATION RELATED TO THE BILL:
- Under H. Res. 821, introduced Jan. 30, the committee would not have legislative jurisdiction but would:
- Study long-term care, housing, health (including medical research), income maintenance, poverty, welfare, employment, education, recreation and other issues affecting older adults;
- Encourage the development of public and private programs and policies that help older Americans fully participate in “national life” and contribute to a better quality of life for all Americans;
- Develop policies to encourage the coordination of public and private programs to address issues related to aging; and
- Review aging-related program and policy recommendations from the president and the White House Conference on Aging. (Source: McKnights Senior Living)
Link to the text of the bill.
Link to bill information (support and opposition) on Countable.
Link to bill information on GovTrack.