A capacity crowd filled Episcopal Church of Nativity in Burnsville the evening of June 1, 2017, for a health care forum sponsored by the League of Women Voters Dakota County, a local nonpartisan civics group.
The event featured panelists:
- Dimitri Drekonja, MD, A founder of Minnesota Doctors for Health Equity (MNHealthEquity.com)
- Scott Keefer, Vice President of Public Affairs for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MN
- Sen. John Marty, Author of the Minnesota Health Plan, a single payer statewide plan.
- Andy Slavitt, Former Acting Admin.of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Cindy Firkins Smith, MD, Past president of Minnesota Medical Association. President and CEO, ACMC Health.
All Dakota Country elected officials were invited, including Rep. Jason Lewis, were invited. Lewis’ office, on his behalf, declined. Several including Sen. Jim Carlson, Sen. Greg Clausen and Rep. Lori Halvorson, were in the audience. Also attending the event, but not speaking or recognized, were Lewis’ two opponents from the 2016 general election.